Friday, October 5, 2007

More from the other side...

Okay, so I'm back at the internet cafe, typing again. Funny enough, this morning I was helping to build a greenhouse, after I mashed down the red wine in the storage tank of course... Veronica is on siesta, or taking a nap.

We're still here, Veronica is getting a bit claustrophobic, so I think we'll be travelling for the weekend. A few towns around here we still want to hit -- Cortona and Assizi (Cortona is where a lot of the shooting for Under the Tuscan Sun was done), and eventually we want to head up to Venice before we leave as well. I thought about heading south to Puglia, where I used to live, but I think that may be to far to journey -- would be neat to see the old place though...

So the wine is fermenting, a few more days and it will go into the barrel for aging. Went to market at Montepulciano yesterday, flashback to my sister-in-law's wedding when we here three years ago...

Anyway, as you've no doubt noticed, we still haven't saved the photos to a CD, so they're not yet posted. I'll get them up as soon as I can! And sorry about any typos -- Italian keyboards have a few different keys than ours...

Ciao for now-

Ray

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi guys! Sounds like you're enjoying your visit so far! Things are fine here, I've actaully been sick all week so I've been doing a lot of sleeping and drinking Thera-flu. The cats are good, seemed to have warmed up nicely to Andrew. No news from Tiffany yet but I'll keep you posted. Have fun!

Love,
Diana

Anonymous said...

Assizi was Tricia's favorite stop during our trip to Italy last year. The hotel room was in the tower of a castle with a fabulous view of the town and surrounding countryside. Check it out and enjoy.

-- Tim Guest --