Friday, September 7, 2007

Booking our flights on an all business class jet to London.

Today is lucky Friday the 7th and we're exactly 20 days away from our trip. We leave on the 27th of September and cross the big pond to get to our exciting new adventure.

We booked our flights on a new airline in Los Angeles called MaxJet. The entire aircraft is Business Class. I (Veronica) am totally excited because the plane only holds 120 people...yippe...no icky people sneezing on the back of my head. I can stretch my "giraffe" legs out in front of me instead of folding up like a praying mantis ready to eat my own knees, if I'm in the back of the plane they're already in my mouth and I'm not getting real food anyway, then again...there's always Ray. I'm .5 inches shy of 6ft tall, so the thought of 12 hours in economy is about as exciting as my next dental visit, at least I get novacaine for all that pain.

So we splurged a bit (not as much as business in Luftansa mind you), and we'll be flying LAX to London landing at the Stansted Airport. Ok it's not Heathrow or Gatwick, but the low cost leaders fly from that airport. I guess it's like Long Beach Airport is to LAX, Jet Blue to Delta. We'll hop a lil flight from London/Stansted to Pisa, Italy where we'll rent a car and be on our way to the vineyard/farm. I have my doubts about the Ryanair tickets but they seem to be huge in Europe, I'm guessing they're like Southwest here. It'll probably be a cattle call, but I can deal with that on a short term 2 hour flight (check back later, I'm sure I'll have some comments about the colorful people we'll run into on that flight...literally). I'm not a snob, I'm not, I'm not, I'm not!

2 comments:

Greg said...

"Maxjet" Not UNITED!!!!! Sure, give up so soon on your old employer. Thanks a lot.... You two are going to have the best car of any of the workers.

Wine Girl said...

But...but...It wasn't United, it was Luftansa and their jets are hot. They don't have the little blow jets above your head and the flight attendants don't understand change. AND it was $1,200 USD for sardine seats in the back. Too long of a flight for the giraffe to squish in the econ section.
We still love you!