Saturday, September 8, 2007

From the other half...

Greetings everyone from Ray. Veronica has done a fantastic job of creating our blog site, or whatever this is called. It will really be a great way to stay in touch while we're gone, and will give any of you that might be interested an opportunity to see what we're up to, or at least have a good laugh at our expense! So I'm relatively new to this thing, but do understand its value. I'm looking forward to posting that perfect picture of Veronica doing some dirty task (come on, I'm talking about cleaning up after farm animals, not what you're thinking!) that most of you would never believe her capable of. I'm sure she has it in her -- it's all about her expectations... Anyway, in case anyone was wondering, the photos you see currently on the site are from our previous trip to Tuscany in October of 2004, when we went for Veronica's sister's wedding in Montepulciano. (If anyone has seen Under the Tuscan Sun, Veronica's sister was married at the town hall on the square where the flag tossing competition was held in the film).
Sooo, yesterday I booked our rental car for the trip. Can you say, "Too good to be true?" I thought you could... Well, we'll see what happens when I call Avis first thing Monday morning to verify, but it appears we're getting an Alfa Romeo 1.9 Litre Sedan (For those not familiar with Italian cars, that's in the BMW 3-series class) for about the same price as all the other rental agencies are offering a "Smart Car", or the equivalent of one of those mini Yugo's from back in the early 80's that two men can pick up and put in a tight parallel parking spot... So we'll verify the car before we wind up in the next version of National Lampoon's "European Vacation"...
So as the editor-in-chief, I'll close for now. As Veronica puts it, she likes to "vomit" the information onto the computer, and I'm good at cleaning it up. (I've only had to fix a couple of typos so far.) Less than three weeks to go and we're both pretty stoked. Cheers for now...

RVO Sends

1 comment:

Greg said...

I'm already jealous, and you haven't even left yet...... Greg